Cut-Out Sugar Cookies
Ingredients3 h 10 m servings 117
- Beat egg yolks and almond paste together in a bowl using a mixer on medium speed until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add butter, sugar, and salt to almond paste mixture and beat until creamy, about 3 minutes; reduce speed to low and gradually beat in flour just until blended.
- Divide dough into 4 pieces and flatten each into a disk on a lightly floured surface. Wrap each disk in plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place 1 dough piece on a lightly floured surface and roll into 1/4-inch thickness using a floured rolling pin. Cut dough into shapes using floured cookie cutters. Arrange cookies 1-inch apart on a large baking sheet. Form any remaining scraps into a disk and refrigerate.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining dough.
Per Serving: 117 calories; 7 12.7 1.2 30 21 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I like the flavor of these cookies more than other sugar cookie recipes I've tried. The dough right out of the refrigerator was hard to work with but it softened up pretty quick. I put the dou...
This is my all-time favorite cut-out sugar cookie recipe. I have used it many times. It is more of a short bread (no leavening agent), so dough must be thoroughly chilled in order to not spread...
Flavor was great held. Kids loved the taste and the shapes held well. I used self rising flour and cooked my cookies for 8 minutes.