Ingredients45 m servings 549
- Heat waffle iron according to directions.
- Mix together apple (or cherry) pie filling and water in a saucepan; heat until warm over medium heat. Keep warm.
- Mix flour, salt, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together eggs, milk, melted butter, applesauce, and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and stir to blend. Batter will be thick.
- Brush waffle iron generously with oil or melted butter, or spray with an oil spray.
- Ladle batter into the preheated oiled waffle iron. Cook until crispy, generally 4-6 minutes. Top with warm pie filling and a dollop of whipped cream.
Per Serving: 549 calories; 21.9 78.6 11 142 999 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
Took my waffle iron to work and made waffles at lunch. Everyone enjoyed them. I made one change, I used 1 cup of chunky applesauce instead of regular. The leftovers freeze well and reheat qui...
We made the waffles and ate them without the fruit pie topping and they are delicious!
Delicious and quick! Fancy too for a Sunday brunch....use Cool whip extra creamy full cream topping to make it extra pretty!
Made waffles as directed but did not serve with the topping in the recipe. Good fall flavored waffle but my kids prefer the "regular" waffles. Use this recipe when you don't want them to overeat...
I made this recipe this morning and used the sautéed apple recipe as a topping. Turned out great!!! I used 2 t of apple pie spice instead of the listed spices. Also, took the recommendation of...
These were quick, easy to make and scrumptious. My husband and I are relatively new on the waffle scene so I can't speak to crispy, spongy, crunch, cake like, etc. I can speak to the flavor whic...
Very easy and good. I didn't make the topping but otherwise followed the recipe. The spice amount is good and gives it a nice flavor, as does the applesauce. This made about eight waffles as wr...