Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 212
Original recipe yields 16 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 9-inch square pan.
- Combine flour, confectioners' sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl.
- Cream butter in separate large bowl. Beat in egg, applesauce, and vanilla extract.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Stir to combine. Add diced apples, caramel bits and walnuts; blend in thoroughly. Pour into greased pan and distribute evenly.
- Combine granulated sugar, cinnamon and sea salt for the topping. Sprinkle evenly on top of the batter.
- Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 30-35 minutes.
- Cool completely and cut into 16 bars.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- *You can substitute 25 regular unwrapped caramels but into 6 to 8 pieces each for 1 cup caramel bits.
- **Taste the topping mixture before topping the batter to determine how much salt you prefer.
Per Serving: 212 calories; 11 26.3 3.2 27 106 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1