Ingredients35 m servings 350
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Heat applesauce in a small saucepan over medium heat until hot but not boiling. Pour applesauce into blender. Add the eggs. Blend until combined; about 5 seconds. Add vanilla, sugar, salt and flour. Blend until evenly mixed. Add two tablespoons of melted butter. Blend another 30 seconds.
- Heat oven-proof skillet on medium heat. Pour a tablespoon of melted butter into skillet and swirl it around to coat the bottom and sides of the pan. Immediately pour the batter into the skillet; place in middle rack of oven.
- Bake until golden brown around the edges and the pancake is puffed, about 20 minutes.
- Brush the last tablespoon of melted butter evenly over pancake. Sift powdered sugar over top, if desired.
- Mix together 2 tablespoons flour, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over the Dutch Baby. Serve immediately.
- Cook's Note:
- Make it a savory dish with sliced prosciutto and cheese and vegetables, or amp up the apple with a warm apple topping.
Per Serving: 350 calories; 18.1 39.1 8 200 197 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I’m sorry but this came out really bad. I don’t think the measurements for the ingredients are correct. It bubbled up in the middle & looked really good at first, but it was extremely flat & bur...
Nowhere near as good as the other dutch baby recipe I use. I had applesauce I needed to use up so I decided to try this one. I was trusting the recipe as written, but it's definitely wrong. Thi...
I had to rate this because it seems an undiscovered allrecipies treasure. :) We really enjoyed this one, its nice to give dutch babies a little more pizazz. I didn't add the butter at the end, ...