Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 308
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray muffin cups or brownie pan with cooking spray.
- Mix milk, cream, eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract together in a bowl. Scrape the insides from each vanilla bean half into the milk mixture. Stir milk mixture until smooth and light yellow in color. Carefully stir croissant pieces into milk mixture until all pieces are wet; let soak for at least 10 minutes.
- Fold chocolate chips into croissant mixture. Spoon croissant mixture into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbling and golden brown, 35 to 45 minutes. Cool pudding for 30 minutes to 1 hour; transfer to a plate and sift powdered sugar over each.
- Cook's Notes:
- I have a brownie pan that is separated into square sections and that worked well. I can imagine doing it in a 9-inch square pan; just check them after 35 to 45 minutes to see how cooked they are.
- I actually let mine soak for 30 minutes but 10 minute minimum. Or you can put covered in fridge overnight if you want.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 308 calories; 18.2 33.9 5.5 90 169 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
Was scanning thru allrecipes trying to find something to make with my leftover croissants. Although I didn't have chocolate croissants I followed the recipe exactly with plain croissants, great...
This was super easy and a yummy way to use up leftover croissants. I made it in a 9X13 pan and baked about 45 minutes. Turned out really well. Next time I will add more chocolate chips or use mi...
I made this for dessert when my son and his girlfriend came for dinner. It was such a hit I am making it again for the family BBQ. I did not have chocolate croissants. I made it with plain an...
Had 2 medium-sized chocolate and 2 medium-sized plain stale croissants. Buttered an 8" square pan. Used a can of evaporated milk plus 1/2 cup 1% milk, 1/2 cup sugar, 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon vanill...
I changes the chocolate chips for raisins and cut the sugar down to less than 1/2 cup.(I'm a diabetic) but so wanted bread pudding and all I had was croissants. would sooooo make it again. I us...
Yummy! I started off with just two VERY stale chocolate croissants (still not sure how they didn't get eaten fresh), so I halved the recipe and made sure the cut-up croissants got a good half ho...
It was great....I have already decided to change some things for the next time I make this. It was great cold as well as hot.