Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 269
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Arrange cauliflower tightly into a 9x13-inch glass baking dish. Pour melted butter over cauliflower and lightly season with salt and pepper. Place garlic cloves into the cauliflower.
- Roast in the preheated oven until cauliflower is tender and browned, about 30 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir pancetta in the hot oil until browned and crisp, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer pancetta to paper towel-lined bowl, reserving pancetta drippings in the skillet.
- Cook and stir onion in the pancetta drippings until tender, about 5 minutes. Mix thyme, rosemary, and turmeric into onion.
- Pour chicken stock over onion mixture and bring to a boil. Add cauliflower and garlic to chicken stock. Reduce heat to medium and simmer soup until cauliflower is very soft, about 15 minutes. Stir pancetta into soup.
- Blend soup using an immersion blender until completely smooth. Stir Cheddar cheese, 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time, into soup until melted.
- Cook's Note:
- I use raw milk Cheddar cheese.
- Serve immediately or put pan in freezer to cool down for storage.
Per Serving: 269 calories; 20.6 11.6 11.7 51 853 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Hearty and delicious soup! I used smoked scamorza cheese instead of cheddar and left out the rosemary, still a very nice soup. It has a creamy texture and a smokey flavour from the pancetta, che...
I was going to rate this 5-stars even before I realized I forgot to add the cheese! The cheese made it even better. It was also very salty, and I realized I had used broth instead of stock. Defi...
Just as all the previous reviews stated.. this is amazing! The bonus is - it's simple to make.
Followed to to a tee. Just delicious. Put some homemade croutons on top. A full meal. Was a hit with everyone. Thanks for a relatively easy, tasty soup.