Ingredients50 m servings 338
- Mix water, quinoa, 1 tablespoon coconut oil, and chicken bouillon granules in a saucepan; bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until white threads appear on the quinoa grains, about 15 minutes.
- Melt 2 tablespoons coconut oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute mushrooms, onion, and red bell pepper in hot oil until softened, 5 to 7 minutes; season with salt.
- Stir red wine and soy sauce into the vegetable mixture; bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until the liquid is reduced, about 10 minutes.
- Mix quinoa and vegetables in a large serving bowl; top with Parmesan cheese.
- Cook's Note:
- Omit chicken bouillon and replace with salt to make it a vegetarian dish.
Per Serving: 338 calories; 14.7 35.9 13.4 4 705 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 13
Awesome and easy! I didn't use oil when cooking quinoa and skipped the optional parmesan, it's tasty enough without it. Didn't add any salt per another reviewer, it's easy to add later if wanted...
Delicious, but do NOT salt to taste! Already has plenty with soy and bouillon!
Delish!! I forgot to put in the salt to taste and realized that it didn't need it. I will definitely make this one again! Yummm!
A quick, easy, tasty, and healthy meal. Plan to serve 'Chef John's Meatless Meatballs' with the leftover quinoa tomorrow. Subbed chicken broth for the water/chicken bouillon, and did not add opt...
i used chicken broth not the bullion. my son who has been an anti mushroom fella. Dont get me wrong he is a funguy. but anyway. He loved it.
This is an easy, tasty recipe! The only important note that I feel is missing from the directions is to RINSE THE QUINOA REALLY WELL BEFORE USING! If you don't, there will be an underlying bitte...
I left out the first Tb of coconut oil and used broth instead of bullion. It was excellent!