Ingredients50 m servings 338 cals
- Mix water, quinoa, 1 tablespoon coconut oil, and chicken bouillon granules in a saucepan; bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until white threads appear on the quinoa grains, about 15 minutes.
- Melt 2 tablespoons coconut oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute mushrooms, onion, and red bell pepper in hot oil until softened, 5 to 7 minutes; season with salt.
- Stir red wine and soy sauce into the vegetable mixture; bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until the liquid is reduced, about 10 minutes.
- Mix quinoa and vegetables in a large serving bowl; top with Parmesan cheese.
- Cook's Note:
- Omit chicken bouillon and replace with salt to make it a vegetarian dish.
Per Serving: 338 calories; 14.7 g fat; 35.9 g carbohydrates; 13.4 g protein; 4 mg cholesterol; 705 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 13
Awesome and easy! I didn't use oil when cooking quinoa and skipped the optional parmesan, it's tasty enough without it. Didn't add any salt per another reviewer, it's easy to add later if wanted...
Delish!! I forgot to put in the salt to taste and realized that it didn't need it. I will definitely make this one again! Yummm!
Delicious, but do NOT salt to taste! Already has plenty with soy and bouillon!
A quick, easy, tasty, and healthy meal. Plan to serve 'Chef John's Meatless Meatballs' with the leftover quinoa tomorrow. Subbed chicken broth for the water/chicken bouillon, and did not add opt...
i used chicken broth not the bullion. my son who has been an anti mushroom fella. Dont get me wrong he is a funguy. but anyway. He loved it.
This is an easy, tasty recipe! The only important note that I feel is missing from the directions is to RINSE THE QUINOA REALLY WELL BEFORE USING! If you don't, there will be an underlying bitte...
I left out the first Tb of coconut oil and used broth instead of bullion. It was excellent!