Crispy-Skin Salmon on Potato Mushroom Salad
"This dish shows off the importance of contrasting textures and temperatures when assembling a dish. The hot, crisp-skinned salmon tops a warm, soft, earthy mushroom and potato salad; both are surrounded by a cool, tangy tomato citronette (vinaigrette made with citrus instead of vinegar). You'll be amazed how delicious the skin of the salmon gets when cooked this crisp!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 831 cals
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, 10 to 20 minutes. Drain and cut into bite-size chunks.
- Cut 1/2-inch deep slashes lengthwise down the skin-side of each fillet. Season each fillet with salt and black pepper and rub 1/2 teaspoon olive oil into each. Watch Now
- Stir tomatoes, 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 of the lemon juice, herb mustard, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl until well-combined. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled. Watch Now
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir mushrooms and whole garlic clove over medium heat until mushrooms start to wilt, 5 to 10 minutes; remove garlic from skillet. Stir potato chunks, salt, and cayenne pepper into mushrooms; squeeze remaining lemon juice into skillet. Cook and stir until potatoes are crispy and golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Watch Now
- Heat remaining olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place salmon, skin-side down, in hot skillet and cook until fish is white about halfway up the sides, 5 to 6 minutes. Flip fish and cook until desired doneness is reached, 3 to 5 minutes more. Watch Now
- Divide potato-mushroom mixture between 2 plates and top each with a salmon fillet. Garnish with tomato mixture. Watch Now
Per Serving: 831 calories; 68.2 g fat; 27.7 g carbohydrates; 30.4 g protein; 50 mg cholesterol; 173 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1