Tofu and Portobello Mushroom Parmigiana
3 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 559
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Stir bread crumbs, 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, 2 teaspoons oregano, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl.
- Place tofu in a bowl of cold water. Place mushrooms in a separate bowl of cold water. Remove 1 mushroom from water; press mushroom into bread crumb mixture and turn to coat all sides. Transfer breaded mushroom to a plate. Repeat with remaining mushrooms and tofu slices.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook breaded tofu and mushrooms in hot oil until browned on one side, 2 to 3 minutes. Drizzle a little olive oil over the top, turn mushrooms and tofu slices, and cook until browned on the other side, about 2 minutes more.
- Whisk tomato sauce, garlic, remaining oregano, and basil together in a bowl until sauce is smooth. Spread a thin layer of sauce into the bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish. Arrange tofu slices in a single layer over sauce, and top each tofu slice with a mushroom. Spoon remaining sauce over mushrooms and tofu; top with mozzarella cheese and remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese melts and mixture is bubbling, about 20 minutes.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the breading ingredients. The actual amount of the breading consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 559 calories; 32.7 36 35.7 36 1295 Full nutrition