Chocolate Puffed-Wheat Squares
Ingredients25 m servings 112 cals
- Grease a large bowl and a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Place cereal in the prepared bowl.
- Combine marshmallows, brown sugar, corn syrup, cocoa powder, and butter in a small saucepan; cook and stir over medium-low heat until smooth and bubbling. Remove saucepan from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour chocolate mixture over cereal and stir until evenly coated. Press cereal mixture into the prepared baking dish and cool for 10 minutes. Turn cereal mixture onto a work surface and cut into 12 or 24 squares using a serrated knife. Individually wrap squares in plastic wrap or store in an airtight container.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute 2 cups miniature marshmallows for the 10 regular-sized ones if desired.
Per Serving: 112 calories; 2.9 g fat; 22 g carbohydrates; 1.3 g protein; 7 mg cholesterol; 28 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I loved the chocolate mixture and would definitely try this again with a more crisp cereal like rice krispies or cornflakes. The puffed wheat became chewy and tasted bland with the chocolate. Al...