Ingredients30 m servings 256 cals
- Heat butter in a skillet over low heat; cook and stir onion until slightly tender, about 5 minutes. Add apples to onion and cook until onion and apples are tender, 5 to 10 minutes more.
- Mix stuffing mix and boiling water together in a bowl. Cover bowl and let sit until water is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Add more water if stuffing is too dry.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir sausage in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease.
- Mix sausage and onion-apple mixture together with the stuffing.
- Cook's Note:
- Stuff the turkey and cook according to weight. Any remaining stuffing can be baked in it's own baking dish or pan. I usually put the "extra" in the oven an hour before the turkey is done.
- Pepperidge Farm® or Paxo® stuffing mix can be used.
Per Serving: 256 calories; 13 g fat; 26.2 g carbohydrates; 8.5 g protein; 32 mg cholesterol; 817 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Great flavors - our favorite. I didn't peel the apple, there is no need and it gives the stuffing a bit more color. I used broth, instead of boiling water. You are going to have to play with...
Great shortcut stovetop stuffing, see myself going back to this again and again!