World's Best Sweet Potato Pie
Ingredients3 h servings 301
- Place sweet potatoes into a large pot and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, 40 to 50 minutes. Drain water, peel sweet potatoes, and mash in a bowl.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Mix butter and eggs together in a bowl until smooth; stir into mashed sweet potatoes. Mix milk, sugar, flour, vanilla extract, nutmeg, baking powder, and lemon juice into sweet potato mixture; pour into the 3 pie shells.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and continue to bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a pie comes out clean, about 40 minutes more. Cool pies for 15 to 30 minutes before refrigerating to cool completely, 1 to 2 hours.
- Cook's Note:
- Sweet potatoes can also be placed on a wire rack inside a pressure cooker and cooked until tender.
Per Serving: 301 calories; 17.4 32 4.8 64 244 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
This is the second time loving this pie!The only thing I changed was 1/2 cup brown sugar in place of white sugar. 1 Tbs of flour for a stiffer pie. Also homemade pie crust.. more spices. Off th...
I just made this sweet potato pie today and it is delicious ,I'm really proud of myself for this one. The only thing i added was more sugar and cinnamon ,it came out great. My fiancé is a chef a...
Best Sweet Potato Pie I have ever had. I followed the recipe except: I did use a heaping teaspoon of vanilla extract and only about 6 oz of 2% milk (by accident, but it worked). Whipped mixtur...
I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this recipe. I WILL be making it again and NO, I will NOT be changing or adding ANYTHING to this recipe.
I made this recipe and the only thing I did differently was add the cinnamon/nutmeg/sugar to my liking , I also used a mixture of white and brown sugar. ...but overall it was a wonderful pie......
This was, without a doubt, the absolute best sweet potato pie I have ever had! With so many sweet potato pie recipes out there, if you've never made one, it's hard to know which recipe to cho...
This pie has a slight custard-like texture. I added ginger and cinnamon. It could be a little sweeter. Overall a good recipe. Makes 2 pies.
This was Ike the recipe I lost, except I used Splenda in place of sugar because husband is diabetic!