Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 435
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 9x5-inch loaf)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan and dust with 1 tablespoon cocoa powder.
- Whisk sugar and oil together in a large bowl until smooth. Beat eggs, 1 at a time, into sugar-oil mixture, beating thoroughly before adding the next egg. Beat mashed sweet potato and vanilla extract into sugar-egg mixture until smooth.
- Sift flour, 1/2 cup cocoa powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together in a separate bowl. Sprinkle oats over flour mixture. Stir flour mixture, 2 to 3 tablespoons at a time, into sweet potato mixture until batter is just mixed; fold in apples and walnuts. Spread batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 70 minutes. Increase temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out nearly clean, 20 to 30 minutes more.
- Cook's Note:
- Two cups chocolate chips can be added to batter if desired.
- Since loaf is dark, it is hard to tell when the top is starting to over-cook. A good idea is to put foil over the loaf for the last 10 or 15 minutes of baking.
Per Serving: 435 calories; 22.3 56.3 6.7 46 322 Full nutrition