made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 250 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Bring water and wild rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender, 30 to 45 minutes. Drain excess liquid, fluff rice with a fork, and cook uncovered 5 minutes more.
- Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a heavy skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat; cook and stir onion until lightly browned and tender, about 10 minutes. Add raisins, honey, cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper to onion; reduce heat to medium-low and cook until raisins are tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer mixture to a bowl and keep warm.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon sesame oil and olive oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat; add squash, turnips, and carrots. Cook and stir squash mixture until squash is just tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; add poblano pepper, cilantro, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Cook and stir mixture until turnips and carrots are tender, 5 to 10 minutes more.
- Stir onion mixture and wild rice into turnip mixture and cook until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- If you substitute a hotter pepper than poblano or cook at too high a temperature, you may end up releasing a cloud of pepper spray into your kitchen.
Per Serving: 250 calories; 5.8 g fat; 45.3 g carbohydrates; 7.3 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 337 mg sodium. Full nutrition