Sweet Potato Coffee Cake
Ingredients45 m servings 203 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Whisk white wheat flour, baking soda, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and salt together in a bowl. Beat 1/2 cup brown sugar, honey, and 1/4 cup butter together in another bowl with an electric mixer until creamy; beat in egg. Add sweet potato and vanilla extract to butter mixture and beat until smooth.
- Stir flour mixture into sweet potato mixture until batter is evenly moistened and smooth. Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Mix all-purpose flour, 1/3 cup brown sugar, rolled oats, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon together in a bowl until combined. Sprinkle oats mixture over batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 203 calories; 6.5 g fat; 34.7 g carbohydrates; 3.3 g protein; 27 mg cholesterol; 291 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Solid 4 stars on this one. I followed the recipe exactly except for the topping. The batter was very thick so I was a little worried it would be dry and crumbly. I patted the *dough* out in t...
I loved this recipe. I'm a fan of sweet potatoes and coffee cake, and I thought it was a great way to sneak in some vegetables. It's very yummy and moist.