Crispy Pork Belly
Ingredients14 h 15 m servings 87 cals
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C).
- Season pork belly all over with smoked paprika, salt, and black pepper. Wrap pork in parchment paper; wrap a second time in aluminum foil, and a third time in another sheet of aluminum foil. Place pork packet in a baking dish.
- Roast in the preheated oven until tender for 6 hours. Let cool in wrappings to room temperature; place cooled packet in refrigerator and chill for 8 hours or overnight.
- Unwrap chilled meat. Save any rendered fat that falls away when unwrapping pork.
- Cut meat into 6 equal-size portions. Cut 1/8-inch by 1/8-inch slashes in the fat-side of the pork. Season with salt.
- Heat 2 tablespoons reserved pork fat in a skillet over medium heat. Place pork belly, fat side down, in hot fat; cook until well-browned on all sides and heated through, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer pork belly to a plate, drizzle with olive oil and season with pepper.
Per Serving: 87 calories; 7.4 g fat; 0.3 g carbohydrates; 4.6 g protein; 14 mg cholesterol; 352 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 13
Well received recipe. Read notes for helpful hints and to save a bit of time.
Delicious and exactly what I was looking for to replicate restaurant style pork belly apps I have tasted. I didn't have smoked paprika on hand so I combined a little bit of chipotle chili powder...
I tried this recipe, and it was awesome!! I am a big Pork belly fan while my family is not but the crispy Pork Belly makes the fat more tolerable than if is Braised or cooked differently and per...
I made this for a gourmet dinner. Served it as the salad course with wilted romaine lettuce made with the fat from the pork belly and some bacon fat. It was fabulous
This was the first time I cooked pork belly. I followed the recipe exactly. The crispy parts were tasty but I didn't care for the rest. My husband loved it. Next time I will slice it thin befor...
We liked it. Very subtle smokiness from the paprika. Served it with Chef John's polenta. Good stuff.
I love this recipe. I did not read it until the day I was making it so I did not let it cool as long as it should have, but it still turned out great! I would have loved a sauce to go with it. ...
This was really good. It was something different for a dinner meat choice. I purchased a large chunk of pork belly that I make bacon with and I cut a piece from that to make this recipe. I will ...