Grandma Freel's Cranberry Salad
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients10 h 30 m servings 203
Original recipe yields 16 servings (1 9x13-inch dish)
- Stir cranberries, sugar, and water together in a saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring often, until most of the berries have popped open, about 20 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Stir gelatin into the cranberries mixture until dissolved completely; add celery, apple, and pecans and stir. Pour into a glass 13x9-inch dish.
- Refrigerate until set in the center, 10 to 12 hours.
- Cook's Notes:
- Put salad in a glass casserole dish. It will not set up correctly in a metal pan.
- I use gala apples, but any apple will do.
- Do not use off-brand gelatin mix; otherwise your dish won't turn out right.
Per Serving: 203 calories; 5 40.4 1.8 0 58 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
We liked it, but it was way too sweet. I will use half the sugar next time