Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 216 cals
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-low heat. Cook and stir garlic in hot oil until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Add onion; cook and stir until slightly softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in carrots until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour chicken broth and diced tomatoes into onion mixture; bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Add red wine, reduce heat to low, and stir green beans, pinto beans, spinach, basil, oregano, salt, and black pepper into broth mixture. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 40 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook seashell pasta in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain and stir pasta into soup. Ladle soup into bowls and top with Parmesan cheese.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can substitute Great Northern beans, black beans, or kidney beans for the pinto beans, if desired.
- You can substitute 1 teaspoon dried oregano for the fresh oregano, if desired. You can substitute 2 teaspoons dried basil for the fresh basil, if desired.
Per Serving: 216 calories; 6.6 g fat; 29.3 g carbohydrates; 7.7 g protein; 2 mg cholesterol; 388 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 16
This was wonderful! We loved it and I will definitely be making it again!
The more I make this, the more I like it. It has become a staple of my diet, because I can make a batch on Sunday, freeze it in individual portions, and have it for lunch at work all week. (No...
Great, easy recipe. I Made a few alterations. skipped the spinach and carrots and added a 16 oz bag of frozen mixed green beans,carrots and corn. Used crushed tomatoes with olive oil and sea sal...
This was really great. I needed to make it vegan so I substituted vegetable stock. They only thing I would do different is I would not add the pasta to the soup. It soaked up so much of the liq...
This is a great recipe for a new cook, my family and I really liked how easy it was to make :)
Excellent, hardy soup! I omitted the oregano, wine, green beans, pinto beans and added cabbage, zucchini, peas, cannelloni beans. It's thick and super flavorful - I'm dining on it daily! Lov...