Ingredients50 m servings 380
- Heat olive oil in a stockpot over medium heat. Cook and stir onion in the hot oil until translucent, 5 to 10 minutes. Add garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Stir chorizo and ham into onion mixture and cook until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Mix potatoes and turnips into chorizo mixture; pour in chicken stock. Bring stock to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, cover stockpot, and simmer until potatoes and turnips are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium and stir cannellini beans and turnip greens into soup; cook until greens are desired tenderness, at least 3 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute 1 smoked sausage, such as Polish Kielbasa, for 1 chorizo, if desired.
- Kale, chard, or any dark leafy vegetable (besides spinach) can be substituted for the turnip greens.
- Ham hock can be used in place of smoked ham.
Per Serving: 380 calories; 20.6 29.4 19.4 46 1743 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
This recipe is pretty good but it isn't truly authentic. Try using broccoli Rabe for s little bitterness that's nice.
Everyone loved it!!! I used more turnips and greens than it says and changed the sausage, only cause that's what I had on hand. This is now one of our favorites!
Very similar to one I ate in Spain. Added paprika and black pepper. Will save and make again.
We made this to use up some turnip greens we had. The changes we made were that we added a couple more potatoes because although we had turnip greens, we didn't have any turnips on hand. We also...