Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 380 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Heat olive oil in a stockpot over medium heat. Cook and stir onion in the hot oil until translucent, 5 to 10 minutes. Add garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Stir chorizo and ham into onion mixture and cook until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Mix potatoes and turnips into chorizo mixture; pour in chicken stock. Bring stock to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, cover stockpot, and simmer until potatoes and turnips are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium and stir cannellini beans and turnip greens into soup; cook until greens are desired tenderness, at least 3 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute 1 smoked sausage, such as Polish Kielbasa, for 1 chorizo, if desired.
- Kale, chard, or any dark leafy vegetable (besides spinach) can be substituted for the turnip greens.
- Ham hock can be used in place of smoked ham.
Per Serving: 380 calories; 20.6 g fat; 29.4 g carbohydrates; 19.4 g protein; 46 mg cholesterol; 1743 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1