Gluten-Free, Super-Easy Chicken Pad Thai
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 535 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Whisk tamari, maple syrup, ginger, and garlic together in a large bowl; add chicken and toss to coat. Whisk chicken broth, flour, fish oil, and lime juice together in another bowl.
- Place noodles in a large bowl and cover with hot water. Set aside until noodles are softened, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and rinse thoroughly.
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Cook and stir chicken in hot oil until golden all over, about 5 minutes. Pour chicken broth mixture over chicken and bring to a boil; stir mushrooms, green onion, red bell pepper, and red chile pepper into chicken mixture, cover the skillet with a lid, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until vegetables are slightly tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir bean sprouts, cilantro, and noodles into chicken mixture; cook and stir until all ingredients are heated through, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can substitute arrowroot or cornstarch for the all-purpose flour, if desired. You can use chicken thighs or chicken breasts, or a mixture of the two, if desired. You can use bean thread noodles in place of rice noodles, if desired.
Per Serving: 535 calories; 13.3 g fat; 57.9 g carbohydrates; 45.3 g protein; 124 mg cholesterol; 691 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Delicious and full of flavor. I had to leave out the fish oil (allergies) and improvised a bit on the veggies. This makes a great meal when you are in a rush and need something quick yet filling...