Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 139 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Stir milk, sugar, and butter together in a saucepan over medium-high heat until butter and sugar melt, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Mix milk mixture and pumpkin puree together in a bowl. Add cornmeal into pumpkin mixture 1/2 cup at a time, stirring batter well after each addition. Stir egg yolks and salt into batter.
- Beat egg whites in a glass or metal bowl until stiff peaks form. Lift your beater or whisk straight up: the tip of the peak formed by the egg whites will form sharp peaks. Fold egg whites into batter. Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cornbread comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
Per Serving: 139 calories; 2.7 g fat; 25 g carbohydrates; 3.6 g protein; 35 mg cholesterol; 175 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I was hoping these would turn out great, as I liked the concept of adding the pumpkin puree and using a small amount of sugar. My only change was making muffins instead of a square loaf. The iss...