Meringue Bones and Ghosts
Ingredients2 h 15 m servings 87
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F (110 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with silicone baking mats.
- Whisk eggs whites and lemon juice together in a bowl until thick, white, and foamy. Add sugar a spoonful at a time, whisking constantly, until meringue is shiny, thick, and holds its shape.
- Transfer meringue to a piping bag. Pipe 12 bone shapes onto a prepared baking sheet. Pipe 12 puffs to resemble ghosts onto the remaining baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until dried and firm, about 1 hour. Turn off the oven, close the door, and cool until completely dried, about 1 hour more.
- Dip the tip of a toothpick into melted chocolate and dot chocolate "eyes" on each of the ghosts.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar in place of the lemon juice, if desired. You can use any type of melted chocolate instead of the semisweet chocolate chips, if desired.
Per Serving: 87 calories; 1.6 18.1 1.4 0 19 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 14
Just a quick comment. I made meringue bones one year. If they break in half, as meringue can do, they don't look like bones anymore... they look like the private parts of a man. It was quite e...
I have made these meringue ghosts two years in a row, and they always come out perfect! This has become my go-to meringue recipe. I might suggest adding a few drops of vanilla extract for flavor...
I made it before Halloween to test it and held perfectly. It tasted sweet, but not over-powering. I will be proud to serve these at my Halloween party later in the month! I hope other people try...
Such an easy recipe! Watching the video was helpful, and using an electric mixer made it even easier.
They were AMAZING!!! I definitely recommend this! I added food coloring to half of the uncooked meringue, and made them into flowers.
Very easy to make with electric mixer. It wasn't October, so we added some brown gel coloring and made poop emoji cookies.
Maybe I have weak arms, but this was impossible for me to whisk by hand. I only have a hand-held mixer so I had to use that for a good 15 minutes to get the mixture nice and fluffy. My sore arms...