Karen's Italian Pan-Fried Chicken
Ingredients35 m servings 446
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat egg in a shallow bowl. Spread bread crumbs in a separate shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg, allowing excess to drip back into the bowl. Press the dipped chicken into the bread crumbs until evenly coated on all sides.
- Heat 2 tablespoons canola oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook chicken until no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Heat remaining canola oil in a separate skillet over medium heat; cook and stir roasted red peppers until heated through, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a casserole dish and top with Asiago cheese and roasted red peppers.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted, about 8 minutes.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the breading ingredients. The actual amount of the breading consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 446 calories; 23.7 24.5 33.4 123 2221 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
Loved this recipe! The chicken was tender and moist inside with a crisp crumb coating (I used Panko crumbs), and it paired greatly with the roasted red peppers and asiago cheese. I definitely ...
I sautéed mushrooms till they were dry and steamed broccoli till just about done, separately. Did not use egg or breadcrumbs (eating carb free), used rosemary, s&p and garlic powder while sautéi...
I needed a quick chicken thigh recipe. Only made the chicken part, not the pepper part. Delicious! Didn't have asiago so I used Parmesan and it was so yummy and easy peasy. Added just a tiny bit...
This was extremely easy to make and a very good basic recipe. I followed the recipe as written the first time, and simply wanted to add a little extra seasoning. I would recommend adding some ...
So easy! So delicious!!! I used the same pan and tossed the peppers in to warm
I thought this was a very good recipe and made no changes when I made it.
I used vegan chicken and with this recipe it came out great.