Golden Vegan Cauliflower 'Bisque'
Ingredients1 h servings 202 cals
- Heat vegetable oil in a 4-quart pot with a tight-fitting lid over medium-low heat. Cook and stir vegetables in the hot oil until nearly tender, 7 to 10 minutes; add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more.
- Stir cauliflower and carrot into the vegetable mixture; season with allspice and seasoned salt. Pour vegetable broth over the vegetable mixture. Place lid on the pot and cook vegetables until soft, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Ladle about half the vegetables into the bowl of a blender with enough liquid to cover. Hold lid in place with a towel and pulse blender a few times to get mixture moving before leaving blender on to puree vegetables entirely.
- Mash remaining vegetables in the pot with a fork or potato masher until no large chunks remain. Pour pureed vegetable mixture into the pot with the coconut milk; stir. Season soup with salt and pepper.
- Cook's Notes:
- For non-vegetarians: This can be made with chicken broth, milk, or cream with chopped, cooked white potato, sweet potato, or rice for richer results.
- Vegetarian options: Top with grated cheese when serving hot. Top with sour cream when serving cold.
- It can be made without coconut milk for even less calories, and it will still be vegan, lactose-, gluten-, and starch-free, while remaining almost nearly as good!
Per Serving: 202 calories; 17.7 g fat; 10.7 g carbohydrates; 3.6 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 291 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This is a delicious soup! I will make a couple of changes next time: one can of coconut milk and half a can of water (rather than 2 cans of coconut milk), I will use fresh veggies and only yell...
Loved this.. I used fresh peppers, onion, celery and parsley and added a little skim milk instead of coconut milk . Will make again
This is a nice, creamy vegan soup that is both warming and filling. I'd make it again, even though cauliflower isn't my favorite.