Ingredients30 m servings 447 cals
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place pita breads on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned and slightly crisp, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Spread pesto onto each pita bread and top with mozzarella cheese and tomato slices.
- Bake in the oven until cheese is melted and tomatoes are tender, about 10 minutes more.
- Cook's Notes:
- I find the Greek pitas to be a good size and thickness for personal-size snack pizza, but any sort of flat bread with a bit of thickness (e.g. naan bread) will do. Or you can use actual pizza crust.
Per Serving: 447 calories; 23.9 g fat; 33.9 g carbohydrates; 24.4 g protein; 46 mg cholesterol; 859 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I used oat bran & whole wheat pita bread, added a few olive slices, and since I had no roma tomatoes on hand, just sliced some grape tomatoes which worked fine. Using pesto sauce as a base is f...
I like this recipe because nowhere else could I find the obvious pesto-for-sauce idea that made perfect sense to me. I kept it lazy, used a prepared pizza crust, fresh tomatoes and sliced up a ...