Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 276 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Combine oats, 1 cup flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder together in a bowl. Beat milk, applesauce, honey, peanut butter, and vanilla extract together in a large bowl until smooth; add eggs and mix well. Mix oats mixture into milk mixture until batter is just combined; stir in bananas. Pour 1/2 of the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until partially cooked, about 5 minutes. Remove pan from oven and cool completely.
- Mix milk chocolate chips, semisweet chocolate chips, and 1 teaspoon flour together in a bowl until chips are coated in flour, adding more flour if needed. Spread coated chips over the cooled loaf and top with remaining batter.
- Bake in the oven until loaf is cooked through and lightly browned on top, 35 to 45 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Let it sit for awhile until fully cooled so the chocolate center has a while to harder. Place in fridge and then cut into slices. You can freeze between sheets of wax paper (up to 4 months).
Per Serving: 276 calories; 7.3 g fat; 48.4 g carbohydrates; 7.1 g protein; 34 mg cholesterol; 288 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I changed to suit my dietary requirements. I made a half batch, using a heaping 1/4 cup of honey in place of sugar, almond in place of peanut butter, 1 tsp of vanilla and cinnamon, nut milk in p...