Spiced Nuts Chex™ Party Mix
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients15 m servings 190 cals
Original recipe yields 16 servings
- In large bowl, mix cereals and almonds. Line cookie sheet with waxed paper or foil.
- In 2-cup measure, beat egg white with fork. Mix sugar, salt and spices together in small bowl. Pour egg white over cereal; sprinkle with sugar-spice mixture.
- Microwave on High 3 to 4 minutes, stirring after every minute until cereal and nuts are browned and sound crisp when stirred with spoon. Pour onto waxed paper to cool. Store tightly covered.
- * 1 pasteurized egg white equals 3 tablespoons fat-free liquid egg white product.
- Healthy: Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
- Method Note: The egg white coats the cereal and helps the spices stick to the cereal and nuts, just like in the oven-baked version. Be sure to use a pasteurized egg white.
- Substitution: If you don't have pumpkin pie spice or apple pie spice, just mix 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg and 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves together. Add to sugar before sprinkling over cereal and nuts.
Per Serving: 190 calories; 10.3 g fat; 22.3 g carbohydrates; 4.1 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 179 mg sodium. Full nutrition