Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 7
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over low heat. Cook and stir jalapeno peppers, habanero peppers, serrano peppers, and garlic in the hot oil until slightly tender and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Blend tomatoes in a blender until pureed and smooth.
- Mix pureed tomatoes, lemon juice, and lime juice into pepper mixture; bring to a low simmer. Stir whiskey into tomato mixture and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Strain sauce through a fine-mesh strainer, reserving the solids and transferred strained sauce back to the skillet. Blend the solids in a blender until smooth.
- Transfer pureed solids to the sauce and simmer for 15 minutes. Cool sauce completely; pour into jars or bottles and store in the refrigerator.
- Cook's Note:
- Wear gloves and avoid touching your face or other sensitive areas during and after handling the peppers. Seed the peppers to your liking.
Per Serving: 7 calories; 0.3 0.9 0.2 0 < 1 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Love me some hot sauce and especially one I can use up other veggies in. I like the addition of the tomatoes and of course the booz - I might of added more than called for as I just glugged som...
This sauce has to much of a tomato taste needs some garlic powder needs more kick its not spicy enough until you swallow then it chokes you up sorry man but more has to be done to this recipe