Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 7 cals
Original recipe yields 60 servings
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over low heat. Cook and stir jalapeno peppers, habanero peppers, serrano peppers, and garlic in the hot oil until slightly tender and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Blend tomatoes in a blender until pureed and smooth.
- Mix pureed tomatoes, lemon juice, and lime juice into pepper mixture; bring to a low simmer. Stir whiskey into tomato mixture and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Strain sauce through a fine-mesh strainer, reserving the solids and transferred strained sauce back to the skillet. Blend the solids in a blender until smooth.
- Transfer pureed solids to the sauce and simmer for 15 minutes. Cool sauce completely; pour into jars or bottles and store in the refrigerator.
- Cook's Note:
- Wear gloves and avoid touching your face or other sensitive areas during and after handling the peppers. Seed the peppers to your liking.
Per Serving: 7 calories; 0.3 g fat; 0.9 g carbohydrates; 0.2 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; < 1 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Love me some hot sauce and especially one I can use up other veggies in. I like the addition of the tomatoes and of course the booz - I might of added more than called for as I just glugged som...