Ingredients2 h 40 m servings 497 cals
- Heat dates, water, and 1/4 cup brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat; cook until dates are very soft, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Stir vinegar into milk in a bowl; set aside to curdle, about 10 minutes.
- Whisk flour and baking soda together in a large bowl; stir in oats and 1 1/2 cups brown sugar. Stir butter, shortening, and milk mixture into flour mixture; cover dough and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface about 1/8-inch thick; cut dough circles with a round cookie cutter. Place about 1 tablespoon date mixture in the center of each circle; fold circle in half and press edges together tightly to seal. Place cookies on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, about 10 minutes. Remove to cool completely on a wire rack.
Per Serving: 497 calories; 18.2 g fat; 81.5 g carbohydrates; 5.6 g protein; 21 mg cholesterol; 175 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Omg. These take me back to my parents bake shop. Made them a week ago and they are gone! Will be making more this week. Easy to make and so tasty. R.
I found this recipe easy to work with. I added vanilla to the dates and cookie dough. I cut out round 3.3 inch cookies. I used a cap from a juice carton to remove a circle from the center of hal...