Rosemary Sweet Potato Quiche
"In my kosher kitchen, elegant and interesting vegetarian selections are a must for dairy entertaining. This one presents beautifully as a side or a main dish, and has a much more complex flavor palate than my usual quiches and kugels. My kids prefer it if I sub the goat cheese for mozzarella or more monterey jack, but it is a really nice, grown-up flavor as I submitted it!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 404
Original recipe yields 12 servings (2 9-inch pies)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Poke holes into each sweet potato using a fork and place in a microwave-safe dish. Add enough water to fill dish about 1/2-inch deep. Cook sweet potatoes in the microwave until tender, about 12 minutes. Transfer sweet potatoes to a work surface until cool enough to handle.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion and rosemary until onions are softened, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove and discard rosemary sprigs. Stir brown sugar into onions; cook and stir until onions are browned and caramelized, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir mustard into caramelized onions and remove skillet from heat.
- Slice sweet potatoes into 1/4- to 1/2-inch rounds.
- Press each pie crust into a 9-inch pie dish. Line both crusts with caramelized onions and top with 1/2 of the sweet potatoes. Sprinkle 1/2 of the goat cheese and 1/2 of the Monterey Jack cheese over sweet potato layer. Spread the remaining 1/2 of the sweet potatoes over the cheese layer and top with remaining goat cheese and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Beat eggs, milk, and Italian seasoning together in a bowl and pour over each filled pie crust until evenly filling out all the spaces around the sweet potatoes and cheeses.
- Bake in the preheated oven until quiches are set in the middle, about 40 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If you like a smooth-looking top, press down the top of each quiche gently until level before baking.
Per Serving: 404 calories; 23.1 35.8 13.5 91 497 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1