Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 206
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Mix grated potatoes, turnips, and onion together in a bowl, draining off any excess liquid. Mix egg, parsley, basil, dill, salt, and pepper into potato mixture. Stir flour into potato mixture, adding enough flour to make a thick batter.
- Heat enough oil to fill the bottom of a heavy skillet to 1/4-inch depth over medium-high heat.
- Working in batches of 3 or 4 pancakes, spoon batter, 1/4 cup per pancake, into hot oil and flatten to make 1/2-inch thick pancakes. Fry pancakes in the hot oil until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer pancakes to a paper towel-lined plate.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Any variety of fresh herbs can be used in place of the dill, basil, and parsley.
- Whole wheat flour can be used in place of the all-purpose flour.
- Safflower oil can be substituted for the sunflower oil.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 206 calories; 8.4 29.4 4.6 31 449 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Made exactly as written and these turned out perfect for us. I think most people would prefer a little more flour to hold the pancakes in shape and keep them more uniform. Fresh herbs are the ke...