Sweet Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Ingredients2 h 35 m servings 212 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease or line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Beat cake mix, eggs, water, and canola oil together in a bowl using a hand mixer on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add pumpkin and beat until batter is smooth; pour into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes. Place cupcakes on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese and butter together in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth; add vanilla extract and beat until smooth. Beat confectioners' sugar, 1/4 cup at a time, into cream cheese mixture until frosting is smooth and creamy. Refrigerate frosting until chilled, at least 30 minutes.
- Spread frosting onto cupcakes and refrigerate frosted cupcakes until chilled, at least 1 hour.
Per Serving: 212 calories; 11.5 g fat; 25.2 g carbohydrates; 2.7 g protein; 39 mg cholesterol; 237 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I followed the recipe exactly, and was very disappointed. The cupcakes didn't have the correct consistency, despite the fact that the "toothpick test" came out clean. As I began to ice each on...
I made this with a spice cake mix (all i had) with an additional dash of cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice, a tad bit of vanilla, and a few addsd tablespoons of sugar. It came out excellent. I fros...