Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 575 cals
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Pour crumbled saltine crackers into a large bowl. Press chicken pieces into crackers to coat completely; let rest for 10 minutes.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute chicken pieces in hot butter until browned on all sides, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer chicken to a casserole dish.
- Saute mushrooms and onion in the same skillet until onion is translucent, 5 to 10 minutes. Pour chicken broth, white wine, salt, pepper, and tarragon into onion mixture and bring to a boil while scraping the browned bits of food off of the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon. Pour mushroom mixture over chicken into the casserole dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is cooked through and sauce is bubbling, about 45 minutes.
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the crumbled crackers. The actual amount of crackers consumed will vary.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 575 calories; 25.8 g fat; 9 g carbohydrates; 70 g protein; 226 mg cholesterol; 611 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I have never rated a recipe before but I HAD to rate this one! This is one of the very best recipes I have ever made!!!!! I made it exactly as it is and I was a bit leary when I realized it only...
Made this last night. Made a few small changes based on what I had. Used panko breadcrumbs on chicken, since I didn't have any saltines. They worked out great, and I don't think it changed the t...
This was a decent recipe. I think it was fine with the onions and mushrooms, but next time I will add in additional vegetables, like zucchini and maybe spinach. I may use less wine next time. P...