Vegetarian Bacon Chili
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"I cook by intuition and my intuition led me to this amazing chili that is presented for you here. It's quick, super-easy, and delicious! Wear gloves when handling serrano peppers. Save the seeds; you can use them in a pepper oil. Also, you don't want to taste the oregano. The goal is for it to just sit atop the tomato flavor. Similarly with the cinnamon. The curry was a lucky accident, but it worked! Don't add too much of it though or it will turn your chili an unappetizing orange. Like any chili, this one is great with shredded cheese and sour cream."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients5 h 25 m servings 196
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Pour kidney beans with liquid, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, vegetarian beef crumbles, and garlic into a slow cooker.
- Grind vegetarian bacon bits into a fine powder using a mortar and pestle or food processor.
- Blend onion, lime, and serrano pepper together in a blender until a paste forms. Stir paste and ground bacon bits into kidney bean mixture.
- Cook on Low until heated through, about 1 hour. Add chili powder, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, oregano, curry powder, and salt. Cook on Low for 4 hours.
You might also like
- Partner Tip
- Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 196 calories; 3.4 29.1 15 0 833 Full nutrition