Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 368 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 cake)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 5x8-inch baking dish.
- Place sweet potato into a large pot and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and mash sweet potato until smooth.
- Sift flour, white sugar, and baking powder together in a large bowl. Whisk eggs and vanilla extract together in another large bowl.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir pumpkin seeds and brown sugar in hot butter until brown sugar is melted, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir bananas and mashed sweet potato into pumpkin seed mixture. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Stir banana mixture into egg mixture until well-combined. Pour banana-egg mixture into flour mixture and stir until batter is just combined; stir in raisins. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 1 hour.
Per Serving: 368 calories; 13.2 g fat; 60.1 g carbohydrates; 4.5 g protein; 62 mg cholesterol; 159 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I had more over-ripe bananas. Used 5 bananas, ground some oatmeal in food processor (added 1/2 cup oatmeal), added nutmeg and cinnamon and choc chips. Reduced butter to 1/2 cup and didnt use br...