"Black Friday" Turkey Pot Pie
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 490 cals
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in a deep skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onions and garlic until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Add cream of chicken soup, wine, black pepper, herbes de Provence, poultry seasoning, oregano, basil, and salt to onion mixture and bring to a simmer; remove skillet from heat.
- Gently stir turkey, potatoes, peas, and carrots into soup mixture until filling is evenly mixed.
- Fit 2 pie crusts into two 9-inch pie dishes. Pour filling into the pie crusts and top each with a second pie crust, pinching the edges together to seal. Cut several slits in the top crust of each pie for ventilation.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crusts are golden brown and filling is bubbling, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool pies for 10 minutes before serving.
- Cook's Notes:
- If the crust browns too quickly, cover it with aluminum foil.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 490 calories; 27 g fat; 40.1 g carbohydrates; 20.3 g protein; 40 mg cholesterol; 782 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This was a delicious, very filling dish! I modified the recipe a bit based on the ingredients I had around - I substituted cream of mushroom soup for the cream of chicken soup, left out the whit...