"Black Friday" Turkey Pot Pie
"Working retail for 20+ years means having something easy to heat at home for your own sanity and the hungry loved ones at home once the dust settles at work and as the weekend unwinds. This recipe makes enough for two pies using ingredients left over from the Thanksgiving day feast. Open a bottle of Beaujolais and enjoy!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 490
Original recipe yields 12 servings (2 9-inch pies)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in a deep skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onions and garlic until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Add cream of chicken soup, wine, black pepper, herbes de Provence, poultry seasoning, oregano, basil, and salt to onion mixture and bring to a simmer; remove skillet from heat.
- Gently stir turkey, potatoes, peas, and carrots into soup mixture until filling is evenly mixed.
- Fit 2 pie crusts into two 9-inch pie dishes. Pour filling into the pie crusts and top each with a second pie crust, pinching the edges together to seal. Cut several slits in the top crust of each pie for ventilation.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crusts are golden brown and filling is bubbling, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool pies for 10 minutes before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- If the crust browns too quickly, cover it with aluminum foil.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 490 calories; 27 40.1 20.3 40 782 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This was a delicious, very filling dish! I modified the recipe a bit based on the ingredients I had around - I substituted cream of mushroom soup for the cream of chicken soup, left out the whit...