Ingredients1 h servings 513 cals
- Place acorn squash, cut-side down, in a microwave-safe dish; add enough water to reach a 1-inch depth. Cook squash in microwave until tender, about 20 minutes; allow to cool until easily handled. Scoop meat out of squash and discard peel.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and cloves in a bowl. Blend squash meat, brown sugar, milk, eggs, and vegetable oil in a food processor until smooth; mix into flour mixture until batter is smooth.
- Preheat a waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions. Spray the inside of the waffle iron with cooking spray.
- Pour 1/4 to 3/4 cup batter (depending on size of waffle iron) into waffle iron and cook according to manufacturer's instructions. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Cook's Note:
- I cook all my acorns at once, puree with a little butter and brown sugar, and freeze in baggies to use throughout the winter.
Per Serving: 513 calories; 11.3 g fat; 92.6 g carbohydrates; 12.7 g protein; 98 mg cholesterol; 707 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
When my garden is overflowing with butternut squash this is my go to recipe. It's easy to make these waffles and freeze them for use in the winter. My kids eat them up!
Yummy. Just enough spice to make you feel like it's breakfast on Christmas morning. Also a great use for leftover squash. The leftover waffles are very good the next day toasted with apple bu...
These waffles were easy to make and unbelievably delicious and moist!