Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 378
Original recipe yields 4 servings (8 patties)
- Mix salmon, onion, and egg together in a bowl; stir in flour. Stir baking powder and 2 tablespoons reserved salmon liquid together in a separate bowl; stir into salmon mixture until mixture holds together when shaped. Add more flour if mixture is too soft. Add more reserved salmon liquid if mixture is too firm. Shape salmon mixture into small patties.
- Heat shortening in a skillet over medium heat.
- Spread cornmeal into a shallow bowl and press patties into cornmeal until evenly coated on both sides.
- Fry patties in the hot shortening until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer patties to a paper towel-lined plate using a slotted spoon.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can add different seasonings or fresh herbs to taste. I sometimes add red bell pepper for color.
- The baking powder gives the patty a lighter taste and the cornmeal gives it a crispier crust.
- Oil can be substituted for the shortening for frying if desired.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount for the cornmeal. The actual amount consumed will vary. We have determined the nutritional value of shortening for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, and ingredient density.
Per Serving: 378 calories; 19.5 20.6 28.5 93 580 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I made this and it was very easy, so points for that. Everyone's taste is different, but for me it tastes under seasoned. I think either there needs to be more seasoning or a flavorful sauce pai...