Ingredients40 m servings 634
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add cauliflower; cover the saucepan with a lid and steam cauliflower until tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Whisk flour into melted butter; cook, stirring constantly until raw flour taste cooks off and mixture darkens, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Gradually whisk milk into butter mixture; cook, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens, about 8 minutes. Remove pot from heat; stir in Cheddar cheese. Season sauce with salt and white pepper.
- Stir steamed cauliflower into cheese sauce; season with salt and white pepper.
- Cook's Note:
- For a richer dish, replace 2 tablespoons of the milk with heavy whipping cream. Breadcrumbs mixed with more grated cheese put on top of the dish and grilled until crispy makes this more of a treat.
Per Serving: 634 calories; 43.9 37.3 26.6 129 719 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I made this and was very good except next time make hall of the sauce. Was to much for one head of cauliflower.
Add the Panko bread crumbs and put under the broiler to brown. Absolutely delicious!
I grew up eating CC in the UK, and I occasionally get a hankering for it. This recipe is just ok imo. I found the sauce to be a little on the thick side, and not nearly cheesy enough. Also, ther...