Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 279
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until halfway tender, about 8 minutes. Drain and reserve potato-cooking water.
- Place carrots into a pot and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until halfway tender, about 4 minutes. Drain.
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Saute chicken and onion in hot oil until onion is translucent and chicken is no long pink in the center, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Reduced heat to medium. Stir garlic, curry powder, cinnamon, cloves, and cayenne pepper into chicken mixture; cook and stir until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Stir potatoes, carrots, garbanzo beans, diced tomatoes with juice, tomato paste, and lemon juice into chicken mixture. Pour reserved potato water into chicken mixture until desired consistency is reached, about 2 cups. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through and potatoes and carrots are tender, 10 to 15 minutes more. Season with salt and black pepper.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can parboil the potatoes in carrots in a microwave, if desired.
- You can used 1 1/4 pounds pork instead of chicken, or omit all meat, if desired.
- You can use plain diced tomatoes instead of fire-roasted, if desired. You can use regular curry powder instead of Madras curry powder, if desired.
Per Serving: 279 calories; 7.5 39 15.6 24 577 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This recipe is delicious and makes a lot! I could have cut it in half for just the two of us, but I think it will be just as good as leftovers. I had to mix everything in my Dutch oven after coo...