Fast and Easy Israeli Tahini Cookies
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 208 cals
Original recipe yields 24 servings
- Preheat oven to 355 degrees F (180 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Mix flour, sugar, and baking powder together in a large bowl; add butter and tahini and mix until dough is crumbly. Roll dough into small balls and press each ball into a flattened cookie shape using your palms. Arrange cookies in the prepared baking sheet and press with a fork.
- Place the baking sheet on the middle rack of the oven and bake until cookies are golden, about 10 minutes. Cool cookies on baking sheet for 2 to 3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cook's Notes:
- Honey or brown sugar can be used in place of the white sugar.
- Nuts, dried fruit, or vanilla extract can also be added to the batter.
- It is very important to let the cookies cool all the way. They are very fragile when they come out of the oven.
Per Serving: 208 calories; 12.2 g fat; 22.5 g carbohydrates; 3.4 g protein; 18 mg cholesterol; 53 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I had a cup of tahini in the fridge which I wanted to use up and was looking for a simple recipe. I did not have unsalted butter so I used salted. I didn't feel like rolling the dough into littl...