Fast and Easy Israeli Tahini Cookies
Ingredients50 m servings 208
- Preheat oven to 355 degrees F (180 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Mix flour, sugar, and baking powder together in a large bowl; add butter and tahini and mix until dough is crumbly. Roll dough into small balls and press each ball into a flattened cookie shape using your palms. Arrange cookies in the prepared baking sheet and press with a fork.
- Place the baking sheet on the middle rack of the oven and bake until cookies are golden, about 10 minutes. Cool cookies on baking sheet for 2 to 3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cook's Notes:
- Honey or brown sugar can be used in place of the white sugar.
- Nuts, dried fruit, or vanilla extract can also be added to the batter.
- It is very important to let the cookies cool all the way. They are very fragile when they come out of the oven.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 208 calories; 12.2 22.5 3.4 18 53 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I had a cup of tahini in the fridge which I wanted to use up and was looking for a simple recipe. I did not have unsalted butter so I used salted. I didn't feel like rolling the dough into littl...
I made this recipe (halved) with some "mystery butter" (tahini and ground sunflower seeds, sugar, salt) and brown sugar. The dough was like a peanut butter cookie or shortbread--slightly crumbly...
I made it with brown sugar 3 times and it turned out yumm all the times
I read this recipe and tried to make it exact but it wouldn't hold together until I put 3 eggs in the mixture. After that it went great. Perhaps when you saw the Bedouins making it you missed th...