Healthy Lamb Meatballs
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 256
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Boil lamb in a pot of water, breaking into small chunks with a spoon, until fully cooked, 5 to 10 minutes. Skim fat from water using a spoon and drain water from meat.
- Mix cooked lamb, cabbage, onion, egg, allspice, cardamom, turmeric, sumac, salt, and pepper together in bowl; roll into 1 1/2-inch balls. Arrange meatballs on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until meatballs are cooked through and browned on the outside, 25 to 30 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Coleslaw mix can be used for the shredded cabbage.
- I recommend freshly grinding the cardamom. It takes 60 seconds, a plastic bag, and the back of the spoon. It will make the meatballs and your house smell wonderful and you can use any extra in your coffee the next day!
Per Serving: 256 calories; 16.9 4 21.4 122 123 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This is a recipe of good intent and poor effect. In addition, it was too much allspice for my taste. In hindsight, I should have made the meatballs prior to cooking and baked them on a broiler p...