Killer Virgin Cocojito Ice Cream
3 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 101
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Combine water and sugar in a saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is completely dissolved and syrup forms, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, stir 1 cup mint leaves into mixture, and let steep for 30 minutes. Strain and discard leaves. Transfer syrup to refrigerator to cool completely.
- Blend coconut, remaining mint leaves, lime juice, and lime zest together in a blender until mint is minced and mixture is well-combined, about 1 minute.
- Stir coconut mixture, cooled syrup, and sparkling water together in a bowl.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Cook's Notes:
- Do not add the steeped mint to the mixture; it turns brown and mushy having already given all its flavor. Adding the fresh mint at the end adds flavor and bright green colorful specks.
- My picture reflects my using raw cane sugar so it is a bit darker than it would with white sugar. Use whichever you choose.
Per Serving: 101 calories; 0 26.2 0.2 0 4 Full nutrition