Ingredients8 h 50 m servings 560
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir couscous in the hot oil until toasted and fragrant, 3 to 4 minutes. Add 2 1/2 cups water to couscous and bring to a boil; cover skillet and cook until couscous is tender, about 10 minutes. Rinse couscous in a colander with cold water and transfer to a bowl. Mix 1/4 cup olive oil into couscous and stir to coat.
- Place lentils in a small pan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until lentils are tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and rinse lentils under cold water in a colander; add to couscous.
- Mix tomatoes, cucumber, red bell pepper, cranberries, raisins, red onion, chives, parsley, green onion, and sumac into couscous-lentil mixture.
- Beat 1/4 cup olive oil, lemon juice, honey, salt, and pepper together in a bowl; pour over couscous-lentil mixture and stir until coated. Refrigerate salad for flavors to blend, 8 hours to overnight.
- Cook's Notes:
- Sultana can be substituted for the golden raisins.
- The sweetness of the dressing is entirely a personal choice. I like it a bit tart and my kids like it a bit sweeter.
Per Serving: 560 calories; 21 82.2 12.7 0 43 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 13
I submitted this recipe after only making it a couple of times. Since then I have made a few changes that I wanted to share. I don't add oil to the cooked couscous anymore, and I normally use ...
This screams spring to me! I love all the different contrast of this salad from taste/texture and presentation. I also used canned lentils that I washed and drained. I skipped the oil part af...
I have made this salad two times and each time it is gobbled up! One the second go around my boys were over and I caught them bragging to their wives about it as they spoon feed them from the op...
I entered my kitchen, after being out all day, wondering what I could fix for a quick and light meal. This salad hit the spot ! It is delicious and quick to make. I doubled the lentils for mor...
This recipe was a hit for a party I attended for a baby shower. I'm making it again for my musician friends. I did not change one aspect of the recipe and it was perfect. I do recommend you m...