Gluten-Free Trail Mix Crisp Cookies
"This recipe was born out of necessity to use up the leftover nuts and dried fruits in my pantry. The crisp of the cookie is satisfying and goes well with a nice cup of tea at the end of a long day. I have used the end of a bag of trail mix to make them before and it worked out perfectly. Experiment and add whatever you like!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 87
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 cookies)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil and lightly oil the paper.
- Whisk egg, coconut butter, and vanilla extract together in a bowl; add sugar and whisk until light and fluffy. Stir flour, trail mix, tapioca starch, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves into egg mixture until evenly-mixed. Drop dough by the teaspoonful 2-inches apart onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned around the edges, 7 to 10 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet until crisped, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Any mix of dried fruit, seeds, and nuts can be substituted for the trail mix.
- Toasting any nuts or seeds being added to the cookies gives them a nice extra dimension. Dice up any large seeds, nuts, and/or fruits!
- The cookies need to sit on the sheet in order to crisp. If you try to remove them before they are cool, they will fold or crumble.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 87 calories; 2.3 16 1.2 16 65 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1