Chef John's Pumpkin Seed Brittle
Ingredients1 h servings 258 cals
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Stir pumpkin seeds and sea salt together in a bowl.
- Stir sugar, corn syrup, and water together in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat. Add butter and bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Boil until mixture is dark golden, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat; whisk in baking soda.
- Pour pumpkin seeds into sugar mixture and stir until well-combined. Transfer pumpkin seed mixture to prepared baking sheet. Place another silicone baking mat over the top of the pumpkin seed mixture and press down to make an even surface for the brittle. Let harden for about 30 seconds; remove top baking mat. Score surface with a knife to form desired shapes. Cool to room temperature and break into pieces.
- Cook's Note:
- You can substitute about 3/4 teaspoon fine salt for the coarse sea salt.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 258 calories; 6.9 g fat; 49.6 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 13 mg cholesterol; 284 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Beware this stuff is addictive. Forgot the baking soda, got distracted by my nephews needs. I turned out well. Very tasty!
We took this to a church gathering and it was a huge hit! I used the parchment paper on the bottom and top. It stuck to the top, so I will try spraying the candy on top with oil next time. Th...
This is amazing. Followed the directions and watched the video, everything worked wonderfully. Only problem is you can't stop eating it. Love all of Chef John's recipes.