Foolproof PHILLY Pie Crust
made it | 0 reviews |
PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese
"This pie crust recipe, made with cream cheese, is rich, delicious, and so easy."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 214 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 single 9-inch pie crust)
- Place flour in large bowl. Cut in cream cheese and butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Shape dough into ball; flatten into disk. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Place dough between 2 lightly floured sheets of waxed paper; roll into 10-inch round. Discard top sheet of waxed paper. Spray 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray; invert over dough. Flip pie plate, holding pie plate and dough together. Discard second sheet of waxed paper.
- Gently press dough onto bottom and up side of pie plate. Flute edge of crust, if desired, then use as desired.
- This easy-to-prepare recipe makes enough dough for a single-crust 9-inch pie. Or, it also makes the perfect pastry topping for your favorite pot pie recipe. If preparing a two-crust pie, double all ingredients and shape dough into 2 balls before rolling out.
- Chicken and Bacon Pot Pie recipe
- Food Facts:
- When shaping the dough into a ball, handle it as little as possible to help prevent the baked crust from becoming tough.
Per Serving: 214 calories; 17.2 g fat; 12.5 g carbohydrates; 2.9 g protein; 47 mg cholesterol; 132 mg sodium. Full nutrition