Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 418
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 servings, 1/8 recipe (224 g) each)
- Cook and stir bacon in Dutch oven or large deep skillet on medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard all but 2 teaspoons drippings from skillet.
- Add vegetables and garlic to reserved drippings in skillet; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in flour; cook and stir 1 minute. Gradually stir in broth. Bring to boil. Add cream cheese product; cook and stir 1 minute or until cream cheese is completely melted and mixture is well blended. Remove from heat; stir in chicken. Spoon into 9-inch deep-dish pie plate or shallow 1.5-L casserole dish; top with bacon.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Prepare dough for Foolproof PHILLY Pie Crust and roll into shape 1/2 inch larger than top of casserole dish; place over chicken mixture. Flute edge, sealing to edge of dish. Cut several slits in crust to allow steam to escape. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake 40 minutes or until golden brown, covering edge of crust with foil for the last 10 minutes if necessary to prevent overbrowning.
- *Foolproof PHILLY Pie Crust recipe
- Serving Suggestion:
- For a delightful brunch idea, serve this Chicken and Bacon Pot Pie with a seasonal fruit salad.
- Special Extra:
- Add 1 Tbsp. chopped canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce to chicken mixture before spooning into casserole dish.
- Make Ahead:
- Pot pie can be assembled ahead of time. Wrap with foil, then freeze up to 3 months. When ready to serve, unwrap and bake in 425 degrees F oven 1 hour 10 min. or until crust is golden brown and filling is heated through, covering edge of crust with foil strips before baking. (No need to thaw pie first.)
- Substitute a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate for the casserole dish.
Per Serving: 418 calories; 26.1 21.6 23.7 106 435 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1