Simple Parsnip Pancakes
Ingredients25 m servings 194
- Combine parsnips, eggs, onion, olive oil, salt, rosemary, and black pepper together in a bowl until batter is combined and lumpy.
- Heat sunflower oil in a heavy frying pan over medium heat. Spoon batter into oil and fry until pancakes are brown and crispy on the edges, 6 to 7 minutes per side.
- Cook's Notes:
- I used two small eggs but one large egg might be enough if you don't have small.
- If the batter is not moist enough, add a tiny bit of liquid of your choice.
- If you prefer a more traditional pancake, you can substitute ginger/cinnamon for the rosemary and leave out the onion.
Per Serving: 194 calories; 13 14.7 5.8 138 641 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 12
Simple and delicious is right. Wife & loved these. Will be our go to savory breakfast pancake. Made exactly as described and came out perfect.
I was surprised at how much I liked this, since I am not a big rosemary fan. I may play with some herbs I like better and see if I can make it 5 stars. The secret to getting them to stay togethe...
These were nice. I like the contrast of salty and sweet so I added a bit of spicy salt.. also good with some wing sauce. It went well with sweetness from parsnips
These are so good I’ve already made them 3 times and I just discovered the recipe a week and a half ago. I made them once with thyme instead of rosemary, when I was out, and they were just as go...
These are good I tripled the recipe but mine came out like egg foo young. Probably my fault because I used Large eggs rather than small eggs per instructions. They were still good and ther...
These turned out awesome! Easy to make and a great combination of flavors. I will be making them again!
Simple Parsnip Pancake Haiku: "Could use touch of heat. But I was amazed at these - no leftovers here!" Grating parsnips is a little time-consuming, but other than that, this recipe couldn't hav...
I was glad to find a good way to use some of the parsnips I got in my CSA box this week. I would recommend doubling this recipe, because it's very toasty and satisfying as a side dish. Instead...